Monday, December 5, 2011

Journal Entry 1

Describing red to a blind man is a somewhat difficult task considering we've grown up on graphic knowledge. We've seen and experienced the color red. To a certain extent we ARE the color red. I would explain red to the blind man in a series of ways. I would first tell him red is a type of double-edged sword. With one side you show love and mass expressions of emotion while with the other you create destruction. Love and destruction.. Two very opposite things but both capable of causing each other. I would tell this man to picture everything that flows inside him. I'd tell him to remember back to the last time he was cut. Remember the liquid that trickled from those veins. That liquid was a vivid color with the intensity of the sun. "Sir, red is life." I'd explain to him like I did previously, we are red. Without us there is no existence of red but without red there is also a piece of us gone. I would have him recall everything that he loves and everything that has made him hurt so bad and picture the intensity of the situations combined. "That my friend.. Is red."

No comments:

Post a Comment