Sunday, December 4, 2011

Journal Entry 11

What do you feel has changed you most in life?

The thing that has changed me most is the break up between my mother and father. That one event has single-handedly changed my perspective of the world. It has shown me so many truths that the world has to offer. I have beared witness to the fight or flight response illustrated by all animals. It has showed me that truly no one can be trusted.. Not even those closest to you. When your own father walks out on you, or any parent for that matter, you are left with an unbearable emptiness. This pain plagues many people and some a lot worse than me. It has also showed me that nothing in this world lasts forever. It is either physically or mentally impossible and there's no avoiding it. It's these universal truths that have molded me into the person I am. It's these bases that I live by and that are at the center of my mind. With every decision I make I take these thoughts into deep consideration. I do this because I want to avoid what happened between my parents at all costs.

No comments:

Post a Comment